Nabajyoti College Library was established in the year 1971 along with the inception of the Institute. It is one of the well equipped libraries in Assam enriched with books in all the major disciplines of Science and Humanities. The Library is situated at the centre of the college having a carpet area of Assam type- 2720 Sq. feet = 252.70 Sq. m. RCC- 864 Sq. feet = 80.27 Sq. m. (both Stack Area and Reading Room). There are about 23000+ print documents which consist of Books, Journals, Dissertations etc .Nabajyoti College Library is a member of the online database called N list under INFLIBNET Centre. Under N List we can access to more than 97000+ e books and 6000+ e journals. There are different sections within the Library like Reading Room corner, Textbook corner, Periodical corner, Reference corner. It provides a very strong support in terms of Library and Information Services to its user fraternity within the Campus. Besides, plan has been initiated to provide innovative services like Digital Reference Services, Electronic Document Delivery Services beyond the four walls of the Library. The Library is open to the Students, Faculty and Staff of the college fraternity.
|SL No||Name||Designation||Ph. No|
|1||Merina Ahmed, Mlisc, PGDCA||Librarian||9435975366|
|2||Aynal Haque||Library Assistant||9957450595|
|3||Shafiqul Islam||Library Bearer||9954639921|
There is an advisory committee for smooth running, effective functioning and future planning of the library. The composition of the library committee is as follows:
Dr Shahjahan Ali Ahmed, Principal, Nabajyoti College
Merina Ahmed, Librarian, Nabajyoti College
Mirza Abdul Hamid, Vice Principal, Nabajyoti College
Dr. M S Sheikh, Coordinator IQAC, Nabajyoti College
Haidar Ali Ahmed, Former HOD, Physics, Nabajyoti College
Number of Books: 23000+
Journals and Magazines: 8
Daily News Paper: 7
E-resources under N List programme
- Circulation: Issue/Return/Reservation
- Reading Room Service
- Reference Service including Digital Reference
- Reprographic Services
- Display of New Arrivals
- Scan copy of previous question papers.
- Bound Volumes of old newspapers.
- Internet Browsing
Research Support Service
Our Library provides a strong support to the researchers’ who are interested in Publishing their research output in Quality based Journals, Books, etc. We also guide them on Plagiarism, on writing References, on checking citation, on publishing his/her research papers, on searching the Internet, and the availability of basic Internet E-Resources, etc.
Different Sections of the Library:
- Stack Area Section
- Reference Section
- Technical Section
- Circulation Section
- New Arrivals Display Section
- Periodicals Section
- Back Volumes Section
- Book Bank Section
- Internet Browsing Section
Hours of Library
On all working days: 9 am to 4.30 pm
(During Summer vacations: 10 am to 4 pm
Circulation Time (Issue/Return)
|DAY||Classes Both Science and Arts|
|Monday||TDC 1st / TDC 2nd / HS 1st|
|Tuesday||TDC 3rd / TDC 4th /HS 2nd|
|Wednesday||TDC 1st /TDC 6th / HS 1st|
|Thursday||TDC 5th / TDC 2nd /HS 2nd|
|Friday||TDC 3rd / TDC 4th|
|Saturday||TDC 5th / 6th|
Note: Library forms and cards will be distributed from 9 am to 12 am everyday
The above timings of the Library are subject to change from time to time which will duly be notified in the Notice Board of the Library/College.
Average number of Library Visit in one day:
- The Library has also a plan to purchase more computers and to set up a local area network within the library and install a network version of library management software.
- Digital Library will be set up with RFID technology.
- Arrangement of adequate and sufficient seating space will be made available.
- The College library will try to provide virtual based services like SMS alert through the platform of internet.
- The College Library will also try to establish the content management system using JOOMLA.
- The Library will conduct certain outreach programmes for unreachable users.
- The College Library will also try to establish the E Learning management system using MOODLE.
- We have a plan to extend the library building. All sections will be arranged in different rooms accordingly.