The admission procedure of Nabajyoti College is conducted purely on merit basis. The college prepares the prospectus for every academic year which also contains the admission form. A committee consisting of both the teaching and non- teaching staff is formed to carry out admission procedure. Dates regarding the receipt of admission form, announcement of merit list and admission of the students are scheduled by the college authority. After the announcement of first merit list on the college website as well as on the college notice board followed by the admission, another list of students is put up.
Reservation for Admission:
The college follows the Government of Assam Reservation rules,
- There is reservation for SC, ST and OBC/MOBC students.
- There is also Tea garden employees’ quota, Sports and Music quota for admission into various courses. Students with outstanding quality may apply to the Principal directly in a plain sheet with all supporting documents and certificates. Students who are admitted on sports quota are required to attend practice regularly failing which their admission will be cancelled. They will not be granted transfer to other Colleges in First Year. Wards of tea garden employees are to produce necessary documents.
The dates of interview for admission to the various classes are notified in advance. A list of the eligible candidates for admission is put up on the college Notice Board before the day of interview. Interview and admission take place on the same day and same time. The candidate will have to be present personally in the interview with the following documents and papers.
- Original Certificates from the concerned authority or the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Certificate of Date of Birth.
- Mark Sheet (Original).
- Caste Certificate (seeking reservation)
- Income Certificate (seeking Free admission)
- Gap period Certificate from appropriate person if any (for a maximum of one year only)
Free admission for students from economically weaker sections is provided as per rules set by Government of Assam.